ABOUT THE BROKER
Richard Odenheimer, Co-Founding Partner
Since he entered the field of commercial real estate in 1987, Richard Odenheimer’s practice has expanded to include virtually all aspects of the business and all property types. Today he primarily assists clients in the purchase, sale and management of investment properties, including multi-family, retail and office. His geographic scope of operations extends throughout the Greater San Francisco Bay Area, including the South and North Bay.
While his longstanding core market remains the East Bay, Odenheimer provides transactional brokerage services and manages investment properties as far south as Palo Alto and as far north as Marin County. Following a client acquisition, he typically takes over management of the subject property and begins carrying out operational improvements in close cooperation with the owner. Odenheimer consistently delivers maximum value to his clients through the implementation of building-specific strategies. These actions may include tenant change-outs, lease modifications, the repositioning of the building in its market, physically improving the property and other measures to optimize profit potential. .
In 1992 Odenheimer co-founded MRE Commercial Real Estate and was designated the company's "Broker of Record". Prior to joining MRE he served with Mason McDuffie Real Estate's Commercial Division. In his final year with that long-established East Bay firm, he ranked as the top producing agent in the division. During MRE's approximate 20-year history, he has consistently remained the company's top producer; selling, leasing and managing retail, warehouse, office and multi-family properties collectively valued in the hundreds of millions of dollars.
In addition to Odenheimer's practice in the sale of investment properties, a substantial and expanding roster of clients entrust with him the management and leasing of their commercial and multi-family properties. Clients range from a $30-billion-dollar national REIT with major local holdings to local families owning one or two investment properties.
Odenheimer also remains active in the leasing of commercial properties throughout the Bay Area and over the years he has successfully negotiated and completed hundreds of office, industrial and retail leases.
Recent brokerage transactions include:
- The sale of a 42,000-foot warehouse building in Richmond's Marina Bay area;
- The acquisition of a +/-30,000-foot mixed use building one block from Oakland's Rockridge Bart along upscale College Avenue;
- The acquisition of a 70-unit apartment building in Oakland's Rockridge District;
- Serving as their Northern California Exclusive Rep, successfully assisting a national retail chain in leasing 14 stores (and counting!) around the greater Bay Area in just an eight-month period;
- The acquisition and final lease-up of a high profile 11,000-square-foot Emeryville shopping center;
- Represented a corporate tenant in the lease of 10,000 feet of Class A office in downtown Oakland;
- The acquisition of several multi-family investment properties, including 18 units in Albany, 36 units in Oakland and others.
Just a few of his current and recent commercial property management assignments are:
- Mixed use and residential properties along the high-end Bridgeway Boulevard in Sausalito;
- Office and retail properties in downtown Berkeley for a major national REIT;
- An Emeryville shopping center;
- Hundreds of residential property units;
- A high profile retail building in the heart of downtown Palo Alto.
Odenheimer is a lifelong resident of the Bay Area. He is an avid skier, hiker, and enjoys exploring (by foot) some of the most remote corners of the globe; most recently the high country of Bhutan. He has volunteered many hours and taken a variety of leadership roles in various community organizations. A graduate of California State University, San Jose, he now resides in Piedmont.
“We have trusted Richard Odenheimer/MRE with the management of our commercial and mixed use properties for over 15 years and couldn't be more pleased -- he is thorough, skilled, responsive and thoughtful. We rely on his wisdom and expertise, and feel fortunate to be among his clients.”
-- Laura Tow, Brodsky Family Properties
More Client Comments
.Office: 510 / 450.1414 - firstname.lastname@example.org - CA BRE No: 00990529